Friday, January 20, 2012

The art of fostering

Open your heart to fostering and I swear you’ll never know what you’re gonna get. You might start with limitations, but as each homeless animal works their way into your heart you’ll find yourself completely taking back all the rules you carefully set in place.

Case in point is Oliver.

When I met Oliver at 3 days old I fell in love. I’d already sworn to all BFPA volunteers that I would never foster an un-housetrained dog, but one look at his face and cute birthmark (now obliterated) and I couldn’t resist. He became my boy from the first week of his life.

Oliver lives, happily, with me now – and where he’ll stay – until a willing and able person or family agrees to take him as their own.

He is an amazing puppy and I honestly think he will show us all that he has the strongest will to live!

No comments: