Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Something I can't wait to see

I think I've watched both of the trailers for Like Crazy at least a dozen times each, if not more. I'd heard about the film before reading about it in my latest Entertainment Weekly, and all the buzz is just working me up into a frenzy.

Here's the plot in a nutshell, compliments of IMDB, "A British college student falls for an American student, only to be separated from him when she's banned from the U.S. after overstaying her visa."


I love what I've seen and read about so far. Like Crazy is a tiny budget film starring actors whose performances are so organic - so real - that one wonders how they haven't been starring on screens world-wide for months or years.

Felicity Jones and Anton Yelchin improvised much of the script - they were given an outline to go on. She wore her own clothes and did her own make-up. Yes, she is a very beautiful girl, even more so because of how naturally she appears on the screen.

I found the way that they incorporated both Jacob's LA life with Anna's London life artistically dead-on, by depicting subtle backdrops of each in the poster of them on the beach. The United Kingdom meets Los Angeles - or not.

The story is so simple and so heartbreaking at the same time. First Love. It is so exciting, mind-blowing and life-changing. Sometimes those changes don't prove to be positive right away, but I think everyone deserves to fall in love at least once. And when it happens for the first time it is truly astounding - weak in the knees, tummy butterflies fluttering, AMAZING.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sounds intriguing...I'll definitely keep my eyes open for this one!