Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oliver update

I got a message from Oliver's new family today and he is fantastic. He's up to 24 pounds and is almost completely housebroken! I always knew he would be a super smart boy. He just needed to find the right family to love him and I really think he has landed in the most perfect place.

He's scheduled to be neutered on March 14th and his cardiologist assured me that he should make it through the surgery just fine despite his heart defects. Fingers crossed!

After he's neutered he will be eligible to be adopted. I know his new family is anxious to finalize, so I assume it won't be long after his surgery that he becomes a permanent member of the Smith's pack. Provided that our schedules mesh I'm supposed to be in attendance for the event - fingers crossed again! I really hope it works out because I'd like nothing more than to be able to bid my sweet boy a farewell and officially usher him into his new wonderful life.

I stole the picture from his new mom's facebook page. She took it on their first day home together. Love you Oliver!

No comments: