Sunday, September 11, 2011

In loving memory

...of Eve Carson.

While surely a delayed response, I only just noticed this lovely Carolina blue butterfly "chair" nearby the Eve Carson Memorial Garden on Saturday, September 10th, 2011.

I didn't know Eve (unfortunately) but I was deeply affected by her death. I annually participate in the Eve Carson 5K and I eagerly follow the progression of bringing her killers to justice.

If ever there was a true Tar Heel - in spirit and as an example in a life led - it would be Eve. All that I read about her makes me mourn for a bright light lost. I will continue to remember and honor her as a fellow Tar Heel for years to come.

Below, my niece Abby perched on Eve's chair, followed by a poor attempt to photograph the dedication plaque. I was using a phone...


1 comment:

carolinagirl said...

i've not seen this either. thanks for sharing it.

eve's tragic loss was so devastating for the entire carolina family...my heart aches for her own family.