Monday, May 21, 2012

Never without my OtterBox

On the recommendation of a friend, I bought an OtterBox defender case for my new iphone back in October of 2011.

I didn't use it long before I found it a little bulky and that it made it difficult to get my phone out of my phone holder or my back pocket.

Therefore, I started using a Body Glove case that was slimmer and appeared to offer good protection. For example, I drove off with my iphone on the hood of my car and after crashing to the asphalt it came away without a single scratch or defect. After that I was convinced that my defender case was not necessary to keep my iphone in pristine condition.

Unfortunately last week my phone fell out of my holder (hip height) and the whole screen cracked from the upper right corner to the lower left corner. There was also a horrible spider-web type cluster of cracks in the upper right corner. On the bright side, my phone still worked and I had insurance on it so I wasn't ever without a phone and I was able to get a replacement quickly (ordered Friday afternoon and received today).

Needless to say, I learned my lesson. I know the screen would've been fine had I been using my OtterBox case so I'll never complain about the bulkiness or lack of sophistication of my OtterBox ever again. 

Another plus about the defender case is that all the buttons and ports are protected by the silicone outer shell. (Charging port, mute button and earphone ports are covered by flaps that can be opened and resealed).  Having unwittingly silenced my phone on numerous occasions when it proved to be quite inconvenient, I find the flaps very handy!

OtterBox defenders are a bit pricey unless you find them on Amazon or in your local Wal-mart (still a little pricey even at Wal-mart) but the expense is well worth it. If you care about your iphone, get an OtterBox!

No comments: