Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Face your demons - with eye candy

TNT began airing Supernatural just after the new year. I became a huge fan in 2006 after catching up on the first season via Netflix.

When my mom broke her ankle in three places just before Christmas '09, she became fairly homebound and has since become addicted to the hottie ghostbusters. I'm beginning to think 10 am is her favorite time of day.

It's quite funny. We exchange e-mails often to discuss recent plot twists. One of my favorite exchanges came at the end of a "Non-Supernatural" e-mail after which mom exclaimed, "GROSS! The older brother just shed his skin!" I'm sure you had to be there (see/read there?) but I still have that e-mail and read it when I'm having a bad day.

On Sunday my parents came to take me out to breakfast - and to bring my dad's nifty "stair-friendly ladder." I needed the ladder to hang my mom's lovely wall-piece I've had for years. It required a transplant and I thought the stairwell would be perfect. I'm pretty sure she made it when I was about 9-years-old. After hanging it, my dad said to my mom, "you need to make another one for us!" I LOVE it - not just because my mom made it, but because she made it at the beginning of her artistic career. She's come a long way, but I still love this piece. To me it is priceless!

But anyway, back to the hotter versions of Venkman/Stantz/Spengler; mom and I had the opportunity to squeeze in a couple of Supernatural episodes from my DVR while my dad embarked on his daily marathon walk. Great fun. I wish I could watch the new ones with her every week!

Supernatural is kind of like Buffy the Vampire Slayer - the perfect mix of drama and comedy - but "SN" (as referenced in my mom's e-mails to/from me) is far more visually appealing to us girls. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get much better than Jensen Ackles.

I was quite pleased to hear SN has been picked up for a 6th season. Watch new episodes on the CW network Thursdays at 9 pm.

1 comment:

samantha said...

Love me some Jensen Ackles!