Saturday, August 14, 2010

Life is Good

It is, indeed for Bert and John Jacobs - two brothers who "lucked" upon the now booming Life is Good label. You can read their story here.

I received my first LIG t-shirt from my Aunt Susan many years ago and have since amassed a collection of 30+ shirts and sweatshirts/hoodies; close to half a dozen each hats and mugs; and a few bags.

I, along with my sister-in-law Maria, am a full-blown LIG junky. In fact, my vet even commented on my obsession during one of my visits to her office. She noted that she's never seen me in any other attire, and while I corrected her, it was true that I had only one clear memory of visiting her office without an LIG shirt on my back.

Bert and John's tagline is truly fitting. They went from near homelessness to success in an impressive blink of an eye. I admire that their products are of extremely high-quality - they're not peddling sh!t. And I love that they've created a foundation to help less fortunate children realize that life CAN be good.

Their shirts are cute - I don't know how anyone could deny it. LIG products are usually available at local REI or other sporting goods stores as well as the occasional TJ Maxx or similar store. (LIG dedicated stores exist, but unfortunately there is not one in my area).

LIG as a gift is a no-brainer - at least for me. I need to buy stock in those boys!

2 comments:

samantha said...

You are, most definitely, a Life is Good junkie!

CBM said...

ansley loves her LIG Rocket doggie you gave her.