Friday, August 20, 2010

Sookie's story is dying out

I read Charlaine Harris' most recent "Sookie Stackhouse" novel and felt extremely disappointed. It's a good thing True Blood (a show I thoroughly enjoy watching) is WAY behind when it comes to the written Sookie tales. Harris should seriously stop now.

This book was so scattered. Characters were introduced (or re-introduced) that honestly had no bearing on the plot at hand. Actually, I should clarify that by saying that there was no clear plot at hand - another major problem with this book.

It was a rather short read (less than 400 pages) so I suffered through, but I am comfortable in saying that if Harris writes more Sookie books I will NOT be someone hanging on her next written word.

Having said that, I highly recommend the show True Blood (HBO) to everyone. Great show! Much better than Harris' books. Perhaps she should be credited with the idea, but it's clear that Alan Ball has perpetuated it with far more success.

2 comments:

Jane said...

but True Blood is quite good this season!

Malena said...

We don't have HBO anymore, so I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 episodes from the 1st season...I'll probably still read the book although I am sure your review is accurate!