Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ready for School

That's what my sister-in-law told me when she sent this photo by phone. I'm still beside myself that Abby will be NINE in just over a month. But there's more to the photo and the haircut.

While we were at the beach this summer, I explained to Abby that Auntie's hair was straighter than straight until she hit puberty. Couldn't curl that hair to save anyone's life. Then all of a sudden - perm central. Auntie's hair went haywire. Crazy curly, frizzy and obnoxiously out of control.

Abby's response (VERY similar to what mine was): "But I don't want my hair to be curly! I want it to stay straight!"

Many people tell me I'm lucky to have my curly hair. I wish my curly hair upon ALL of them so I can then ask, "are you sure?!". I hope my sweet niece maintains her cute straight bob. I really do love her with short hair - the short hair I wish I could also wear, carefree!

Happy third grade to you, my sweet beautiful niece!

3 comments:

samantha said...

Cute! Wishing Abby a great first day of school!

Jane said...

Love it! Hope she had a great first day of school :)

CBM said...

hope SKOOL is a blast for miss abby!