Thursday, January 6, 2011

More on Lost Dogs

Great post from BADRAP.org - one of the integral organizations involved in saving the Michael Vick dogs.

BADRAP has given so many dogs a second chance and their efforts are greatly appreciated by the dog-loving community!

If you haven't read Jim Gorant's The Lost Dogs I highly recommend it. It is by far the most difficult book I've ever read (difficult to get through due to horrific imagery), but I also feel it is a necessary story told in order to educate people about the evils of not only dog fighting, but also animal abuse.

I won't comment on the Obama connection. I think things can be largely taken out of context, etc. Obama still has more than a leg up on W that's for sure!!!

Again I encourage reading The Lost Dogs. I borrowed the copy I read from the local library, but I know I will buy the paperback when it comes out. I put in my library request 2 weeks before the book was released and I still had to wait more than a month to get the book but it was worth it! All dog lovers should read it - no doubt.

In a world where people take the time to write to the editor (of Sports Illustrated) and comment, "Why does it matter, they're just dogs?" All I can do is shake my head and feel sorry for those who have never truly loved a dog.

No comments: