Thursday, July 7, 2011

Forever cichlid

My first endeavors as fish-owner were horrifically unsuccessful. I'd begun to think that any fish that landed in an aquarium of mine was automatically sentenced to death.

If you read the post "No longer empty", you'll remember my orange cichlid, who remains nameless (perhaps the only reason he's still breathing).

I realized Monday night that I hadn't cleaned his tank much less changed his water since March. On Tuesday night I set aside the task with the promise to vacuum the gravel, clean the tank and decorations and change the water.

All successfully done, I still half expected to find poor orange cichlid belly up the next morning. Nope.

Screw all those damn goldfish I had to flush. This feisty little cichlid - who will forever remain nameless - has an iron soul!

No comments: