Thursday, March 8, 2012

Farewell House

I'm quite behind on reading my subscription to Entertainment Weekly so I just learned that House MD's 8th season will be its last. I only became a fan via reruns in early 2011 so I'm pretty sad that it will all be over soon.

In fact, I became so obsessed with the show and diagnoses that I found myself trying to diagnose my brother when he fell ill last summer. He responded, "Thanks Dr. House. I'll look in to that." I got a pretty hearty chuckle out of that comment.

Happy notes from Ken Tucker's piece in the February 24th issue of EW:

1. He professed a favoritism for Olivia Wilde's character, Thirteen. I was happy to read that because I also very much like Thirteen and her complicated backstory, while many fans consistently expressed a strong hatred for Wilde and Thirteen. I've missed her in season 8!

2. He described the show at its best as a vivid portrait of a complex friendship. I love House and Wilson as best friends. Having had some complex friendships myself, it is always nice to realize that sometimes friends hurt each other - all the while loving each other - and that's just life. Your most faithful friends will always love you for who you truly are.

I'll miss you House! I'll deeply miss the presentation of crazy medical cases and your insanely awesome sense of humor for a long, long time! Hope there is a new role in the works for Hugh Laurie very soon.

1 comment:

CBM said...

i am gonna miss dr. rude too! love him.