Sunday, November 8, 2009

Go HEELS! Boo DOOK!

I'm not one for bragging about Tar Heel football this season, but Saturday's game was a sweet victory over DOOK, 19-6.

The 3:30 pm kick-off gave us plenty of time for tailgating. Todd made veggie burgers, Maria made veggie chili and I brought potato salad and BEER. The weather was gorgeous - perfect game day skies.

I know very little about football - the bare minimum - but I do know how to throw one. Abby still struggles a bit. Below you can see my attempt to steer her in the right direction.


Self-portrait of Maria and I (you can totally see my outstretched arm in the reflection of my sunglasses):


Around half-time we met up with Kerry and Felton. I really wish I could've gotten a photo of Abby and Felton chasing each other around the stairwell. I think they both had a blast. Got a photo of Mommy (Maria) and Abby instead:



Todd and Maria watching the game, listening to Woody, enjoying the defeat of DOOK:


I am positive that the 3-3:30 kick-off time is my favorite. I can sleep in, we get to tailgate and I make it home before 8 pm. PERFECT - especially when we spank DOOK.

3 comments:

LA and BD said...

Go Heels!! 3:30 kick-off is my favorite as well.

samantha said...

Hurray Heels! At least a temporary redemption. It's always nice to beat DOOK!

Jane said...

Excellent Heels!