Monday, November 30, 2009

T-Day/B-Day Weekend

My parents were in town for the Carolina Designer Craftsmen show over the weekend - per usual - so birthday celebrations were thrown into the mix as well.

I stayed home Saturday to watch the Heels play NC State, to whom we unfortunately lost. Grrrrr. After the show we had dinner at Mez - a favorite eatery of mine. I've never had a bad meal there. Best guacamole ever.

Sunday I headed to Raleigh in the late afternoon to check out the tail end of the show. Mom did pretty well, but I didn't walk around much because I, on the other hand, have no money to spend! Stuck around to help take down the booth - not my favorite way to spend my birthday - but it was worth it to have dinner with mom and dad again.

At Weaver Street my mom came up behind me and just said, "I'm sad." When I asked her why she said that when she stopped for gas she must've lost her phone holder that I made for her years ago. It made me sad, too! Replacement is already in the works.

For the b-day I got a great Vera Bradley purse and wallet from Maria, Todd & Abby; an adorable pottery piece (pictured below) from mom & dad and a fabulous painting of Zoe, Bailey and me on canvas from Abby (also pictured below). She's such a tiny Picasso!





On top of the gifts I got countless birthday greetings from friends - I was a bit overwhelmed! Thanks to all!

5 comments:

LA and BD said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

CBM said...

HB late...so sorry didn't call you! looking forward to thursday dinner with you and kb. hugs, caro

samantha said...

Happy Birthday, T! Glad I caught you on the phone last night. xo

Jane said...

Hope you had a great bday - miss you always!

Malena said...

What nice gifts! I am glad you had a lovely birthday!