Saturday, November 7, 2009

Tiny terrier news

I expected the call from Dr. Geyer Thursday (she called me, but not with results) but received it Friday. Zoe's albumin was 2.4, up from 2.2 last week. "Normal" is between 2.7 and 4.4 g/DL according to my vet's lab, but "normal" levels seem to vary across veterinary clinics. We'll go back in a month for another albumin check.

On Thursday when they drew blood, I also had them weigh Zoe and check her glucose.

She's back up to 6.75 lbs, and her glucose was up to 115 from 64. Since low glucose is a huge cause of doggie seizures, I was ecstatic that her glucose is now within the normal range (70-138 mg/dL).

Her behavior is VERY regular Zoe (extremely active, alert and demanding of attention) so for now I'm breathing a bit of a sigh of relief, but we're not out of the woods yet. There are strong indicators of kidney/liver disease. Only time will tell.

Zoe, Bailey and I are so thankful for all of your well-wishes. It really means a lot to know that others are pulling for us - especially my tiny terrier.

xoxo, T, B & Z.

2 comments:

Malena said...

Hope you and the furry ones have a great weekend! xo

PS> How do you keep your dog bed so clean? Mine gets filthy in 2 seconds!!!

CBM said...

i am so thrilled lil z is doing well. very cute pix of the doggies!