Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Bailey!

Bailey turned 12-years-old on December 8th, 2009. I brought him home from Blacksburg, Virginia in February 1998 - at which time he only weighed about 6 pounds.

He was quite an active puppy, and he initially drove his brother Jax crazy, but he slowly worked his way into Jax's good graces. They became inseparable. The day I had to separate them broke my heart, but Bailey has made many friends since, including his newest sibling Zoe.

Bailey's age is evident most of the time, but there are still instances when he is Bailey my puppy. His crooked tail wags excitedly when I get home from work or when the treat jar is exposed. He won't jump in the back of the car anymore, but he'll bound around the living room, playfully pouncing on Zoe or engaging in keep away with mom.

He's been my roommate and faithful companion for 12 years. Here's to hoping he's with me - as long as he's healthy - for at least a few more years! I love you Bailey!

8 comments:

CBM said...

HB bailey boy! winston sends sloppy kisses!

TinyRockerGrrl said...

Happy birfday Bailey! You are such a sweet and handsome boy!

Here's to 12 more!!!!

samantha said...

Happy birthday Mr. Button! (does your mom still call you that?)

LA and BD said...

Awwww! What a sweet boy! Happy Birthday, Bailey!

Kerry Burleigh said...

Happy birthday - sweetest, furriest dog we know! Love you!

carolinagirl said...

ahhh Happy Birthday to Bailey! I know you have enjoyed the first 12 years immensely!

Jane said...

Happy Bday Buddy! I have faith that you'll stick around a bit longer. Many hugs and kisses!!!!!!!!!!!

Malena said...

Happy belated birthday! xo