Thursday, December 17, 2009

Late Halloween post and breaking news

On Halloween, as I was packing to drive to Todd's to spend the evening trick-or-treating with Abby, I found myself unable to locate my digital camera. So for the first time in I don't know how long, I was forced to utilize my ELPH film camera. I don't fault my ELPH at all - it is a great camera - but let's face it, digital is just so much easier.

Failure to locate said digital camera resulted in off-season development of pics of All Hallows' Eve. First there are a couple of shots of Abby and I, post-pumpkin carving.





Abby dressed up as Rainbow Magic's Lauren the Puppy Fairy. Her "glue" stitches above her right eye didn't dampen her spirits at all. She was chipper and ready to stomp door-to-door for loot for as long as we'd allow her to do so.



As for recent news, my dad called me Wednesday morning to tell me my mom fell in a parking lot and broke her ankle in three places. She had surgery and was held overnight for observation. They put two screws and a metal plate in her ankle. When I talked to her she sounded okay. A tiny positive note is that she broke her LEFT ankle - meaning driving might not be impossible for weeks and weeks.

Just another monkey wrench in the Glazener Christmas plans, but we will make it through.

Hope everyone else's holidays are going more smoothly than ours!!!

4 comments:

CBM said...

Sending get well wishes to Ms. Carolyn!

carolinagirl said...

wow...i hadn't heard about your mom yet. i am hoping she is doing ok.

cute pictures of abby. aren't they growing up so fast?

Malena said...

Christmas is all about being with loved ones, so hopefully you are all able to get together!

Thank you for the card! I am trying VERY hard to stay warm. It's FREEZING!!!!

samantha said...

Sending get well wishes to Mama Glazener!!!