Saturday, December 19, 2009

Good Zoe news

After a week of unfortunate events, I am happy to report a bit of good news. Zoe's recent albumin level check put her in the normal range. Her last test still had her a little low, but Friday's results have her at 2.8 g/DL.

In light of those results I feel I must give props to Nutri-Vet's Healthy Liver tabs since I've been giving them to Zoe since our most recent scare and her albumin level is now 0.6 higher than it was 6 weeks ago.

However I also feel obligated to mention that the healthy liver tabs are a bit hard to find. When I purchased them from Amazon I got them for $7.99 although I think the price has gone up since then. Regular retail price (for 60 tablets) is approximately $25. Since the dosage is (1) tablet twice a day per 20 pounds of body weight, the bottle lasts a bit longer for Zoe. I've been dividing the tablets into halves or thirds.

Her weight is also back up to 7.88 lbs. When I first adopted Zoe in 2005 she was just over 8 pounds. I'd like to keep her between 7 and 8 lbs, so we're on the right track.

She and Bailey are both due for annual examinations in March. I'm hoping both of my babies will be dismissed with a clean bill of health at that time. Here's to hoping!

4 comments:

weebairn said...

Great news! I am so happy for all of you, here's to a wonderful, healthy Christmas and the same for 2010. Bailey is amazing, you are an excellent dog Mama!

Sorry to hear about your Mom's ankle,, prayers for a speedy healing.

Monalynn

Jane said...

Yay for Zoe! I'm so happy she's showing such strong signs of improvement. Give her kisses for me!

TinyRockerGrrl said...

That picture is too adorable! She's like "Yeah mom, I'm fine. Now gimme some turkeh!"

CBM said...

so glad Z is feeling better!