Tuesday, December 22, 2009

More tiny ornaments

I distributed tiny bear ornaments to my co-workers on Monday - almost solely to my female peers as I assumed the guys wouldn't appreciate them - and they were a hit! While definitely more impressed than they should've been, my colleagues inspired me to go ahead and try out the rabbit pattern. The only real difference is the size of the ears, but I just love my first bunny ornament. I guess the Spring colors qualify as a difference, too, as I would make the bunnies to match Easter colors.

The bears I gave as gifts were far more neatly designed than my "beta bear." After a bit of practice I got the hang of it and even added some cute embellishments to several of them. I hope my friends will hang them on their trees for years to come!

But I am looking for suggestions for the bunnies. For the Christmas bears I mostly crocheted scarves to go around their necks, and on some I sewed tiny heart-shaped buttons to the front of the "dress." But for the bunnies a scarf doesn't really work - at least if we're thinking Spring - so if anyone has a suggestion for an embellishment, I'm all ears!

On a very unrelated and completely FLASHBACK note (as I loudly announce my age), an episode of Cold Case recently aired on TNT cast me to iTunes looking for songs by Asia and Kenny Loggins. Wow.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

OMG - I can't wait to get the Easter bunny and the birthday monkey to go with my Christmas bears. You are so talented. Those guys are absolutely adorable.

If you have hours/days to spare, you could knit a basket for the bunnies and fill it full of carrots. OK - one carrot on the hand of the bunny would be OK too. I'm sure you'll find the perfect embellishment to make for your girls. They are just absolutely adorable.

(I still think you should call her "Sherbert" - aka "Sherbet")

samantha said...

Adorable! Love! Love! Love!

carolinagirl said...

your bunny is so cute. i never knew you were so crafty!!!

LA and BD said...

Oh, the bunny is so cute! I agree with Kathy -- maybe a basket with carrots or Easter eggs?

weebairn said...

Would it be rude to request one? =0)

They are so very cute! Easter is my favorite holiday. Could you make boy bunnies with little vests or bow ties?

Monalynn