Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bailey week, day 4

This photo was taken in December 2005. Bailey still looks so healthy! He'd just turned 8-years-old. Abby was four-years-old.



I made the shadowbox below shortly after adopting Zoe - probably early 2006. The bottom right photo - the one you can't see very well - was taken in early 2002 in Michigan. Bailey loved the snow!

The shadowbox resides on a shelf in my bedroom, under which now resides Bailey's memorial: his ashes, a framed copy of the Rainbow Bridge and my beloved "angel dog" from my mom. Bailey is my angel dog!

6 comments:

carolinagirl said...

So sweet! Hugs to you!

TinyRockerGrrl said...

I really love the shadow boxes you make. They are always so nice to look at and meaningful!

In all of the pictures you've ever shown me of Abby and Bailey together, they are BOTH smiling. Their friendship always amazed me because of how good he was with her and how safe she always felt. I still need to meet her!

Malena said...

How is Abby dealing with the loss? She seems to be such a sweet soul, she will always treasure Bailey's memory.

I remember loosing a pet as a child, and I still to this day remember it so vividly. And now that I am thinking about it, it's still surprisingly painful. Gaaaah!

How are you holding up? Hugs!

CBM said...

a very sweet photo of two great pals.

Jane said...

I agree with TRG - your scrapbook projects are always so beautiful. You must've gotten the artist gene from your mom. And I also agree that Bailey and Abby always looked so happy and comfortable together. What sweet pals!!!

matt said...

Trace, it is quite obvious from all of your Bailey week posts (and the comments) that Bailey was a very loved dog. I know he had a great and full life with you. He couldn't have asked for a better mom. I hope you're doing okay.