Wednesday, June 16, 2010

When hair removal goes wrong

I used to have a widow's peak. About a year ago I shaved it off and continued to pluck the new growth with tweezers. Then one night after perhaps a glass too much of wine, I took the clippers a bit too far into the hairline. Now I have bangs - the only option to cover up my shaving mishap.

I haven't had bangs since high school. I don't like them, but I've received a decent reception to the new style.

My favorite compliment is, "It makes you look younger."

I'd do just about anything to look younger, so for now I'll keep the bangs. I have to until the "tuft" underneath grows out anyway.

The morals of the story are:

1. Think long and hard before making cosmetic changes to your genetically determined appearance

2. After thinking long and hard about the aforementioned changes, make certain that you are sober when/if you decide to carry out said changes.

2 comments:

TinyRockerGrrl said...

hahaha I will never forget you telling me this story!!

That's a good pic of you BTW ;)

matt said...

I can so easily see you doing something like that. No worries though, I like the bangs.