Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tank update

The cichlids are doing well, although I think the convict cichlid (the blue one with stripes) would appreciate a body guard. Mr. Orange is pretty aggressive, but I've learned how to assure they both get enough food. It involves a great deal of thought and timing.

I've thus had more luck caring for cichlids than goldfish - geez those goldfish can be a pain. So I'm back in the aquarium game. No more goldfish, that's for sure.

And I'm glad I didn't give up the idea of having a fish tank due to my goldfish funeral marathon; because watching those little cichlids flit all over the tank is more entertaining than one could imagine. I've thought of adding another but I don't want to push my luck. For now I'll nurture the two cichlids I have as best I can!

No comments: