Thursday, April 28, 2011

The collar

Ever since Bailey died, I've pretty much shrined all of his belongings. I admit that I have a "Bailey shelf" in my bedroom where his ashes, favorite pictures, his paw print and his collar (used to) reside.

I'm still not certain about my decision, but I put Bailey's old collar (made by retro-pet.com, which is no longer in business) on Rusty earlier tonight. It's a martingale collar and quite stylish. I've always loved it. I'll never give it up completely, but I thought Rusty could sport it for a bit. Description when I bought said collar was "preppy revolt."

But the only thing that matters is that it was part of my Bailey. Passing that off to Rusty is truly a blessing.


1 comment:

TinyRockerGrrl said...

Mr. Button would have loved to share his collar with Rusty. I know they would have got along famously. If Zoe adores him, Bailey would love him ten fold for he loved EVERYONE! :)