Saturday, April 2, 2011

Money

I'm working on getting this little girl placed. She is absolutely the sweetest thing - almost completely white with black spots on her ears. I'm pasting the info about her from her current foster home below the picture. I saw this dog when I went to pick up dog food at her foster home on Thursday. She was in a fenced area and didn’t even bark at me – just watched me and happily wagged her tail as I went back and forth hauling food.

The beautiful girl at Amanda's house is Money, a 3 yr old, spayed female pit mix. We built a fence for Money in January 2010. Her human has fallen on difficult financial times and had to move in with a relative who would not allow Money to come with her. She is very upset and is hoping we can find Money a good home. Money loves children and gets along well with other dogs. There have been two times when she was around another aggressive dog that she showed some barrier aggression. I think the aggressive dogs scared her. She plays very well with Casey's pit bull, Flex, and I took her to visit a family that had a chihuahua mix and she was very gentle and playful with him. She LOVES people and truly wants to be a couch potato. She is motivated by positive human interaction more than anything else. I'm not sure if she has food aggression, but she does not seem to be very food motivated, so I suspect she does not. Amanda fills her food bowl in the mornings, but she doesn't gobble it up right away like she's starving, she grazes on it throughout the day. She is not up to date on her shots, but I am looking for a volunteer to transport her next week to get those at Affordable Animal Care Clinic. I've attached a picture. We appreciate any help you can provide in finding her a home. I know that placing dogs is difficult with a limited number of homes and an unlimited number of dogs. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Lori Hensley
Director of Operations and Development
Coalition to Unchain Dogs
www.unchaindogs.org

No comments: