Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lobby-bound

Here were are, Jen and I, waiting out a heavy storm in Jamaica. We were supposed to be embarking on a snorkeling cruise, but Mother Nature nixed that. Not to worry, we hitched on to another cruise the following morning.

The photo was taken (by me) in the lobby, which was an open-air lobby, meaning the rain could easily blow inside and soak us. We got a kick out of watching the hotel staff pull down the plastic flaps with their extra-long hooks in order to keep us dry.

Most of the hotel restaurants, bars and seating areas were open-air. In fact, I think the only enclosed spaces were the guest rooms. I found it quite refreshing, except on that last morning when all I could concentrate on was not throwing up. I would've given up a kidney for some air conditioning then.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Jen's expression is very cute :D

TinyRockerGrrl said...

Yaaaaaaye! Such an awesome time! Still SO relieved you made it! :D