Monday, October 18, 2010

Tiny dog defender

The scenario that Zoe and I encountered moments ago was not a first time occurrence, but I remain impressed with her ability to deter others from doing harm.

I'm a night owl, so my late night dog walks are my own fault, but I don't see that as an open invitation for outsiders to violate me or my home. Neither does Zoe.

As we walked just outside the perimeter of our neighborhood, we were approached by two men who refused to heed my warnings that Zoe would strike to bite if they didn't move to the side. They bated her and she lunged (frighteningly with bared teeth, despite her disadvantage regarding teeth), but I was able to restrain her. Thankfully they were scared or put off enough to move on without incident.

Had she bitten one of them I would've fought to the death to prove she was trying to protect me. There's nothing I wouldn't do to prove she was right.

No comments: