Thursday, October 14, 2010

On the tube

Synopsis: I'm way behind on The Event. Watched the pilot and couldn't get passed Laura Innes' creepy yet unintriguing acting. I guess I still see her as a stuffy ER director.

Running Wilde is one of the dumbest shows I've ever watched in my life. I adore Keri Russell, but this show is begging to be cancelled.

I'm not embarrassed to say that I LOVE Hawaii Five-0. Alex O'Laughlin is hot eye candy, and though I've never cared for Scott Caan, he is really funny. Of course I love Daniel Dae Kim - he was one of my favorite characters on Lost.

While coming off as a poor man's Alias, Nikita is relatively holding my attention for now.

Supernatural started out REALLY bad, but last week's episode made up for it, if only for my new put-down thanks to Dean (Jensen Ackles), "Suck it ass clown."

No doubt Dexter is living up to expectations. Yes I'm having issues with certain characters, but the show remains stellar. As Dexter, Michael C. Hall is absolutely brilliant - truly acting at its best.

I've been occasionally catching reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Nip/Tuck (early seasons) on LOGO. I miss those shows!

If I'm missing something unmissable, please advise. :)

3 comments:

Mary said...

Mad Men is awesome. If you tried it early on and thought it wasn't for you, give it another shot. It's so good.

Also on AMC....Rubicon. The season finale is this week, but perhaps it's online? Anyway, really good.

The only comedies I watch are 30 Rock and Modern Family. Awesome.

I don't think I could watch the "poor-man's Alias" - I miss the original! :-)

Malena said...

Besides reality shows, I only watch these: Modern Family, The Middle and The Office, although the last one I prefer reruns rather than the new ones. I liked Parks & Recreations but it's not on this season, yet?!
Do you watch any comedies?

LA and BD said...

I was excited for Keri Russell to be back on TV, but I gave up on Running Wilde after one episode. It was so dumb.

We're watching Season 2 of Fringe on DVD and Season 1 of Glee on DVD right now; we watch way more TV on DVD than in real-time.