Friday, May 6, 2011

First bath

Rusty's - and while it might not be his actual first, it was his first under my care. I took him to Petco's self-service dog wash and I was very impressed by his willingness to be washed in a 4-foot-high bath.


I don't know that I'll go back to Petco now that I know Rusty won't completely flip out at the prospect of being shampooed. It was quite cheap ($10 includes shampoo, towels, ear cleaner if desired, and a dryer), but depending on how often your dog needs to be bathed it might not be worth it if your dog will behave in your own tub.

For one thing, you don't get to choose what type of shampoo you want to use and they don't have conditioner available either (these options are usually available at many self-service dog washes). But I must say I very much appreciated the ramp up to the tub (as opposed to stairs) and the removable door (meaning your dog doesn't have to leap over the tub edge to get in or out).

We left for Petco at 6:50 pm and made it back home by 7:30 with a clean dog in tow. He's pouting a little now, but he'll get over it.

While I didn't enjoy the downpour we experienced on our way home, I loved coming home to this...

2 comments:

Jane said...

What a sweet face!!! Rusty is really a star :)

CBM said...

bailey was looking down on you that day! xo