Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cloudy visions

I snapped the photo below while we were waiting for a table at Provisions on Holden Beach a few weeks ago. My dad is the one I remember being the most taken with the sight of the cloud pictured.

But something about it bothered me. All I could definitively come up with was the fact that it brought on visions of mushroom clouds.

I'm willing to bet that others my age could maybe see the same similarities in the image. Or maybe I'm just crazy or morbid. Let's hope not, but the photo lead my mind to images of war. That's all I can say - sad but true.

I hope every one else sees a cloud tinged by the pinkish hues of a lovely North Carolina coast sunset.


3 comments:

samantha said...

Pretty! I CAN see what you describe, but I saw "a cloud tinged by the pinkish hues of a lovely North Carolina coast sunset" first :)

weebairn said...

As a child of the 50's who grew up wearing dog tags and with an air raid siren going off every day at 5:00 p.m. I can honestly say all I see is a beautiful pink puffy cloud.

Sorry, I can't even vaguely associate a mushroom cloud to this image, this is too peaceful and serene to conjure up that image. Really nice pic BTW.

Kerry Burleigh said...

ok morbid mama! and you don't even listen or keep up with the news (which of course, is all about war these days). It is a beautiful cloud bc of the color, and, strangely enough, it seems like it is the color which makes you think of war. don't worry, i highly doubt we'll ever have any nukes going off in our lifetimes.