Saturday, August 22, 2009

Puppy Posting

Here's an update on the puppy for which I posted a snippet on July 29th. My brother sent me the Forsyth Humane Society adoption link, which can be found here. You'll see that the humane society named him "Boomer."

I, like Todd, found the description of the dog to be mundane and weak. To quote Todd, "I really think they could have come up with a better description especially compared to the other dogs. I get it, he needs some training, but he is a puppy who has had no stable home situation."

This coming from a man (and his family) who cared for this dog as if he were his own for about two weeks or more. Todd knew they couldn't keep "puppy," but he followed through with his best intentions to find the dog a home. It's sad that the humane society felt that such a vague and unflattering description was appropriate.

Of course, "puppy" could be adopted tomorrow. Who knows. I just hope that if a willing owner doesn't come forth soon, the agency will make a bit more of an effort to draw in potential dog-seekers!

No comments: