Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Has anyone read this?

I'm barely into it, and while the first 15-20 pages made me want to run for my migraine pills the following 20 pages began to rope me in, but I'm still harboring a bit of resistance.

Amongst the many magazines I sifted through in early August, there was a review of "Dragon Tattoo's" follow-up, "The Girl Who Played with FIre". The review of that book was amazing, but failed to offer promise for the nearly 500-page book that I'm going to have to suffer through in order to get to it.

Basically, according to many reviewers, "Dragon Tattoo" is an easily forgettable yarn while the follow up is a sincere prize.

With a library deadline over my head - apparently there are many many others out there who are dying to suffer through "Dragon Tattoo," I am going to have to make the completion of the novel a priority. T-minus 13 days and counting.

Currently not even to page 40 - we'll see...

2 comments:

Malena said...

I've never head of the author, but since the name sounded Swedish, I googleged it, and surely, Mr. Larsson was Swedish. How sad that he passed away so young!
I will look for these books at the library my friend!

teg said...

I am almost done with this book and I have loved it! Looking forward to the next one.