Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thank goodness for Jennifer Garner

The real Jennifer Garner - my assistant.
She is beyond fabulous. She's a wonderful friend and loads of fun; she's a hard worker and she looks out for me in a fierce way. I love her!

I bring this up because on one of our many trips to the local Starbucks, she informed me of the following, "I never planned to still be in North Carolina at 25. I also never thought I'd be working a desk job, and definitely not where my mom worked!"

Expecting to pursue a job in the arts, she seems to feel that she's settled. This makes me both happy and sad, because I love Jen and want her to be ecstatic all the time, but I'm selfish in wishing she'll never leave me. Jen's presence is a HUGE light in every single one of my days. Our iChats are my daily lifeline. Her iChat ID photo is shown left. That is the beautiful face I get to see sending me funny snippets all day.

Nevertheless, I'd do anything I could to give her the career/life she wants. I'd miss her horribly if she left me, but I know I'd still hear from her now and again.

I love you, Jen - so much! (for me, there's only one "n" in Jen) xoxo

1 comment:

TinyRockerGrrl said...

Awww you are too sweet! You made me tear up! :) Even if I were to ever leave, I would make special trips just to see you. You, too, are a wonderful friend and you have made my life so much richer by being in it. I love you T O N S ! !

I wonder if any other head honcho/ assistant has the friendship we do!?! hehe

ps. The word verification I have to type in below is "boodi". I couldn't help but giggle!