Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Catching Fire

I finished this book last night, and while I preferred the first book, I enjoyed this one, too.

The plot in Catching Fire felt a bit rushed - especially at the end when all the subterfuge is revealed and the reader basically learns what the premise of the final novel will be. There are many looming questions to be answered!

I also found myself caring more about the secondary characters in The Hunger Games. I didn't really feel like I got to know the other players in Catching Fire, but perhaps that will come in the final book, Mockingjay.

I can't write much without giving too much away, so read the trilogy yourself! (The editorial reviews on Amazon are good, so if you want all the details look the books up there).

The final book is scheduled to be released on August 24, 2010. There's been talk of these books becoming movies, too, which I think will be fantastically cool if directed by someone with talent. I'd love to see Katniss Everdeen's post-apocalyptic world interpreted on the big screen!

1 comment:

Jane said...

You and Zoey have the exact same opinion - I should get you two together to discuss the trilogy after you've both finished it!