Thursday, May 20, 2010

Self-proclaimed squirrel

I found out yesterday that our annual company "mystery trip" requires a passport. While I was certain that mine expires next April, I dug it out of my fire-proof box just to check. What I found made me laugh my ass off.

Behold the old-school over-21 North Carolina driver's license. Pardon my ignorance if it is/was common practice across states, but the red background indicates a 21-year-old and over adolescent.


Why I still have this license - in a fire-proof box no less - is beyond me. It honestly looks like something any kid could create in his/her basement with a low-scale laminating machine. Perhaps that is why the NC license changed so drastically soon after.

4 comments:

matt said...

NICE T!

samantha said...

Wow! You look the same but different :)

CBM said...

nothing has changed but the hair. you still look so young! i probably still have mine some where.

TinyRockerGrrl said...

haha I remember when licenses looked like this. And I totally agree with Samantha!