Sunday, May 23, 2010

The skinny on mascara from a non-phat girl


For the most part I'm a clean-faced girl. I never put on make-up at home, so if it goes on it's after I've arrived in my cubicle and the application is most-often stretched over an hour or more between work-related tasks.

Mascara is a sore subject, as my eyes constantly run like nobody's business. I only recently discovered my magical anti-histamine recipe: Claritin redi-tabs taken with Zyrtec liquigels at the same time.

When mascara is feasible, I've turned to Cover Girl time and again. Unfortunately, when it comes to makeup, I've always viewed Cover Girl as "low-end", but CG's Lash Blast mascaras proved me wrong. I've loved most of them from the start. Breakdown below:

- Lash blast luxe (red tube): HATED it. Sparkles clumped like crazy, as did the mascara.

- Original lash blast, including water-proof formula (orange tube): LOVED it. Fantastic brush. Individual lashes highlighted.

- Eyelights (white tube): I tried both the hazel and green-eye versions and found the eyelights for green eyes to be far more flattering on me. Excellent brush; very subtle, yet effective color; long-wearing with little to no smudging.

- Lashblast Fusion: MY LOVE! Best mascara ever. CG advertises this mascara as their first volumizing/lengthening mascara, and that is the perfect description of this mascara. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Other mascaras:

Maybelline Colossal mascara: Hated it - clumped like nobody's business.

Maybelline Stiletto mascara: Liked it. Minimal clumping; the lengthening achieved with the brush made my review of it draw even.

My favorites: Cover Girl's Lashblast Fusion and Eyelights mascaras. Top two by leaps and bounds.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I've been looking forward to trying out this mascara. Now I'm in more of a rush to do so!