Friday, May 14, 2010

Sprucing Up

I've kept two coco liner baskets on a shepherd's crook for the last few years in my front yard. Until recently, the baskets were occupied by mums, which my dad claimed were deader than a doornail the last time he visited. Little did he know that a little water always revived them without a problem.

Nevertheless, I decided to put a bit more effort into my hanging-basket-presentation.

I combined Copia Bacopa (the white flowers), Lanai Verbena (the purple flowers) and Celosia. While I hope the baskets fill out a bit more with growth, I was pleased with my results.

I implemented a tip, too, to combat drying out. I cut the handles off of regular plastic grocery bags, cut a few holes in the bottoms of the bags and placed them in the coco liners. The bags don't show and they help to hold moisture in the coco liner. I really hope this technique keeps my new arrangements from shriveling up!


2 comments:

Malena said...

Very pretty! Have a great weekend!

CBM said...

i love copia! the bags in the coco liner is a great idea.