Thursday, July 22, 2010

UNC Tar Heel logo Bandz

Purchasing a package of these is on my to do list for today - per my sister-in-law's request. I loathe going to Johnny T-shirt on Franklin Street, only because parking is impossible. Perhaps today's trip will be more pleasant since school is out for the summer.

I was first introduced to these "silly bandz" by my niece, Abby, the weekend my family came to see me after Bailey died. Abby gave me a dollar sign shaped band and told me to wear it for Bailey and I did.

When my friend at work saw me wearing it she said, "oh my gosh, are you wearing a silly band?!" I had no idea what she was talking about (Abby didn't tell me what they were called, and if she did I don't remember it).

Abby subsequently gave me several more, which I wear faithfully in her honor, along with my ever-present LIVESTRONG bracelet. I'm sure I'll be sporting some of these Tar Heel Bandz soon, too.

I don't often notice them on other people, but I've heard about some really cool ones out there. Jen saw some in the shape of musical instruments and almost caved into a purchase. Seen any supercool bandz lately?

2 comments:

weebairn said...

Now I know how old I truly am, never heard of these, looked them up and they have been around since 2008! What the...?! My grandson is supposed to keep me up on the newest fads, we must talk! Good for Abby keeping you in the loop.

LA and BD said...

I saw a kid (maybe 10ish years old) wearing a whole armful of these at Busch Gardens yesterday. I'd heard of them but never seen them in person. They remind me of the slap bracelets that were the craze when I was a kid!