Monday, September 20, 2010

The Tar Heels got stung Saturday

The game was a bit more of a blur than normal thanks to the Firefly Screw Flys (Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka & orange juice) I drank before kickoff. I do know we were slightly favored to beat Georgia Tech and didn't, but we still had a great time tailgating (early!) and cheering on the Tar Heels.

I have issues with the name of this game - Cornhole. Beavis and Butthead was popular when I was in high school - perhaps that explains my discomfort in part.

But once I got the hang of it I managed to avoid getting completely wiped by my more talented brother. I'd like to think the expression on his face below is due to my making a "hole-in-one."



Followed by my celebratory gleeful jump in the air.




Here's a pic of the cornhole board Todd got last year as a Christmas gift. Nice, huh? I must say though that on many occasions the corn bags landing on the board were quite loud - almost like shotgun blasts!


On the way in to the game I bought two feather boas from some girls on the sidewalk. I managed to get one around Todd's neck and snap a photo. The woman behind me grabbed me by the shoulders and said, "Look out girl! Payback's a bitch!" I told her we're siblings and have been carrying on the payback for 30 years.




People keep telling me to sell my little Tar Heel bears at home games, but I just don't know if I have the patience and time to do it. Sure, if I can sell them from our parking spot while tailgating, but I don't have any plans to hang out on the sidewalk like the boa girls did. I'm just not that entrepreneurial.

2 comments:

TinyRockerGrrl said...

haha I LOVE the look on Todd's face while wearing the boa. Too funny!

Jane said...

I am in LOVE with the boas!!!