Friday, August 1, 2008

Cheese and rice!

I read a blog entry yesterday from on my pole about misheard song lyrics (funny stuff!) and it reminded me of the humor my assistant and I find in movies that have been edited for television. While I'm sure it can be challenging to make certain movies acceptable for the general audience, it is apparent that there isn't always a lot of thought put into the words that are substituted for R-rated material.

Some of Jen and my favorites are below. I did not include the actual lines because that would require quite a bit of profanity, but I don't think anyone will have trouble figuring out what the real lines are.

"You can wipe that my pits don't stink look off your face."
Max to Ray in I Know What You Did Last Summer

"Judas Priest!"
Chris MacNeil in The Exorcist

"Your mother sews socks that smell!"
Regan MacNeil in The Exorcist

In The Faculty, when it is revealed the Delilah is an alien and she takes off, Zeke screams "Fooey!"

"This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!"
Walter to Larry in The Big Lebowski

"Yippe-kay-aye, Mr. Falcon!"
John McClane in Die Hard

"Hand me the keys you fairy godmother"
McManus, Dean Keaton, Fenster, Todd Hockney & Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects

"We bury the funsters!"
Sgt. Martin Riggs in Lethal Weapon

No comments: