Monday, August 4, 2008

Greetings from Holden Beach

Mom and I arrived safely at Coastal Living on Saturday night. We were both exhausted, so after catching up with everyone else, we all retired early. Sunday morning we decided to go to the beach for a while and then head out to the Tanger Outlets for the last day of tax-free weekend. Grammy (mom) was supposed to come down to the beach soon after we left, but she never came. We all wondered why but assumed she just decided to skip it for the day.

When I got back to the house, I found all of the rugs hanging from the back porch railing and all of the furniture relocated to the other end of the house. Grammy was in the shower. When I asked her what happened, she screamed from the shower, "Oh I've had SO much fun since you've been gone!" I thought she'd just gotten a wild desire to clean. I was very wrong.

When she came out she said the washing machine "exploded." All of the clothes remained in the overflowing machine and my mom spent the early afternoon frantically searching for a mop and then feverishly sweeping the river of water out the door. She was all alone in her quest, and not happy about it! It is the following morning and the rugs are still not dry.

This morning, my dad who cannot sit still, decided to weed and mow the lawn. He just cut the cable cord with the lawn mower. Abby is now facing a week without Sponge Bob. What else can go wrong?! Hoping my next report will be more positive.

Photo 1 below was taken Sunday, Todd and Abby body surfing.
Photo 2 is Abby (morning hair extraordinaire) and Maria, taken today.


No comments: