Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fabulous Weekend

Not only was the weather here in Durham beautiful all weekend, but I got to spend time with some old friends and make some new ones, too! Saturday night I met my old friend Dondrea at the Durham Bulls game. Her husband John and daughter Ryleigh also came along and we had a great time. One would never guess that Ryleigh is only almost three. She is so smart! At one point in the evening, John took Ryleigh to the playground while Dondrea and I stayed in our seats to catch up. Of course Wool E. Bull was hanging around right by us while Ryleigh was gone, but when John called Dondrea from across the field, Ryleigh assured her that while she didn't wave to Wool E. Bull, "I know he saw me!" She is insanely cute, and looks just like her daddy.

John, Dondrea and Ryleigh



Dondrea, Ryleigh and me



Then tonight, Kerry and I took Mark out to dinner for his birthday. As I said earlier, the weather was so pleasant that we were able to dine outside and it was lovely. Nantucket Grill is always good, but this was the first time I had dessert - although I drool over them every time I eat lunch there. We all split the chocolate strawberry shortcake and it was heavenly. We were down one usual guest tonight (Caroline) but spending time with these two is among my most favorite things to do. Always smashing good fun.

Me, Mark and Kerry



Happy 34th Mark!

No comments: