Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Farewell Water Cube

Just like the bloggers from the Baltimore Sun, I will dearly miss the Water Cube of the Beijing Olympic Games. I am a former swimmer who does not miss the training necessary to be wildly successful, but I cannot get enough of watching those whose talents fuel my nostalgia for the sweetest of victories.

There is no doubt that the likes of Natalie Coughlin and Katie Hoff tremendously dwarf all inklings of my athleticism, but the memories triggered by their successes make me feel like I could've won each and every gold medal.

Here's a shout out to Natalie for winning six medals - more than any female swimmer at a single Olympics ever. Completely overshadowed by Phelps' quest for glory, I hope all who realize her achievement will join me in congratulating her on being one of the greatest athletes of all time! (Not to mention that she is gorgeous).

The United States' Swim Team is truly faster and deeper than ever. The competition is becoming the tightest of any other sport in the world, and while those who place 4th and 5th at Olympic Trials might not agree, I think there is something to be said for being the 4th or 5th fastest swimmer in the U.S.

Until London 2012 - Go Team!

No comments: