Saturday, August 2, 2008

Coastal Living

Later today, mom and I will be heading to Holden Beach (Supply, NC) for a week with the family. The name of the house we rent is "Coastal Living" and we absolutely love it. The owner is a friend of dad's, so Casey and Zoe get to come, too. Bailey isn't allowed because he will bolt if given the opportunity, and a beach house with two main entrances and a six-year-old occupant (the niece, Abby) is highly likely to provide him with many chances to escape. I really don't think "escape" is his intent, since he always appears to be relieved when I find him hours into his free venture, but that is a story for another time. Anyway, I truly believe Bailey would rather spend the week with the Burleighs and his pal Emma than to sweat it out at the beach.

Holden is an amazing family beach - very quiet, no large hotels, clean and close to other areas of interest: Kure Beach, Fort Fisher, Southport, Myrtle Beach and more. Our favorite restaurant nearby is Fishy Fishy in Southport. Not only is the food fabulous, but the atmosphere is perfectly relaxed (great for kids but you don't feel like you're at Chucky Cheese), and the dockside location offers a view of fantastic sunsets. If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend giving Fishy Fishy a try.

The photo of Zoe hanging out by the dock in the back yard is from the summer of 2006. I'm sure I'll be posting current pics upon my return. And remember to always wear sunscreen!

Happy trails...

No comments: