Monday, July 20, 2009

She with two dogs takes the blame

I received the following letter - thrown in the middle of my driveway - last Friday morning:

"May I respectfully ask you to pick up your dogs' poo, in the yard, as the pungent smell severely compromises the air quality with quality of living for your neighbors.

I thank you for your cooperation."

As I have ALWAYS picked up after both of my dogs, this letter is what I view to be yet another unwarranted attack. I've just about had it. Like my assistant said in reaction to my relaying the news to her, "You have a bunch of poo Nazi's in your neighborhood. That would bug the poo out of me (no pun intended)."

My response follows: (which has not been relayed to anyone but this blog)

1. I am not the only dog owner in our neighborhood;

2. I constantly pick up after my animals - with bio-degradable bags no less;

3. While I carefully knot each bag and toss it into the trash, on warm days there's not much I can do about a little stink. I won't apologize for that anymore than someone might at a swimming pool with a toddler and a dirty diaper.

If I lived in a neighborhood where even most dog owners were responsible enough to clean up after them, I would MAYBE be less offended by the accusations I've met this year. But that's the biggest problem - I am one of the only people in my neighborhood that I've ever seen stoop to bag a shit, so being blamed for not doing so is infuriating.

I know none of them are reading, but if they were, I'd want to tell my neighbors to eat shit.

2 comments:

TinyRockerGrrl said...

"there's not much I can do about a little stink"...

that is the quote of the day!!

Unknown said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com