Sunday, July 26, 2009

When lightning strikes

I admit that my seemingly speed-reading (I'm actually a VERY slow reader) reveals my lack of an exciting life, but oh well. Since my last post I've finished reading both Grave Surprise and An Ice Cold Grave. Both books - like the first - were read in one sitting and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who decides to read the Harper Connelly books, but I will say that many of my suspicions related in my post regarding Grave Sight were valid, and I'm looking forward to book four due in October of this year.

I should take back the PG rating I relayed earlier, although the books don't really become R-rated until the second half of book three (An Ice Cold Grave). Again, to avoid spoilers I won't expand here.

I've already picked up the first book of another of Charlaine Harris' series, Shakespeare's Landlord. The second book in that series is in my library queue but I don't know if I'll have access to it before the beach. I'll hold off beginning the first just in case as I'd rather read successive books back to back.

My recent reading frenzy led me to put several other books in my queue at the library. I'll be picking up Dry by Augusten Burroughs ("Running With Scissors" is one of my all-time favorite books) and Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt sometime in the next couple of days. I'm trying to collect as many desirable books as I can before I leave for vacation.

Any suggestions? Please send them along via comment. Happy reading!

3 comments:

Malena said...

Hi! Happy Valentines!

Kurt bought me this one along with the 1st one in the Shakespeare series - did you end up reading those too?

I totally know what you mean now - about what happens in this book, how did you know - was it that obvious? I wonder if we'll ever find out what happened to her sister...

My hubby also got me two vampire romance novels, by 2 different gals, I'll let you know if they were worth the time.

xo

Malena said...

And by the way, I hope the 4th book is not as explicit. I hated the crime in this book and I had horrible nightmares last night. Ugh.

PS> I haven't read Running with Scissors - I've only seen the movie...wow...my husband's sister says it's the story of her life! Wild!

Malena said...

OMG Sorry for this comment craze..but if you're interested, you should pick up my sister-in-law's book, she's published one of her own books:

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Smoke-Memoir-Julia-Hansen/dp/0743289587

It's an interesting read to say the least!