Saturday, July 18, 2009

Summer Storm

My dog Bailey is terrified of thunderstorms. For those of you who've read "Marley and Me," Marley's aversion to thunderstorms is not much more extreme than Bailey's. These things never used to bother Zoe, but she's acquired some rather annoying phobias thanks to her older brother. (The fear of inclement weather conditions is likely the least annoying of said acquired phobias).

Living in North Carolina makes it quite hard to avoid the occasional storm - sometimes the ever so frequent storm. Anyway, I heard the rain last night and decided to investigate. I found it hilarious that Zoe was right on my heels (she loathes rain), dying to go outside. Being the mean woman that I am, I allowed her to follow me - much to her own detriment.

As soon as she set foot outside she was alarmed and back-peddling. She looked up at me as she was being sprayed by rain as if to say, "WHY?!" Our exposure was very minimal, as I have an ample porch, so didn't feel too bad for Zoe.

I made her tolerate the spray and misting as I snapped the photos below, which I thought looked rather cool just because of the way the raindrops are captured. It reminded me of photos I've taken during snowfall.

Never fear, Zoe returned to her bed unharmed, save for a few unwelcome droplets on her coat. She's a tough girl - despite her acquired fear of thunder, unexpected beeps (especially if they come from an oven or a camera) and pesky CRAZY lurking neighbors.


No comments: