Thursday, July 9, 2009

Two towheads, a girl, her dog and me

I stopped by the Burleigh house after the gym last night to drop off Breaking Dawn for Kerry - she sure zipped right through those Twilight books despite my skepticism regarding whether she'd like them or not!

I arrived just in time to accompany Kerry, Sydney, Felton and Emma on Emma's afternoon walk. What a production: Kerry pushing an empty two-seated stroller most of the way; Sydney towing a pretend mower behind her (all the while turning around to watch it which involved quite a few spills); Felton's preoccupation with all the trees, sticks and bushes along the trail; and poor Emma, having to inch along in the hopes of finding a nice spot in which to do her business.

Sydney, my lovely goddaughter (nearly 18 1/2 months), post leaf shredding:



Felton's best "cheese!" face with Sydney in the back seat:



When the kids picked up sticks and started swinging them about while making swooshing and shooting noises, I asked Kerry, "What are those, light sabers?" She answered yes, and explained that Sydney is very quick to imitate her brother's behavior. (Felton is 3 yrs, 7 months).



The last photo, my favorite, is of Felton's fierce battle stance. Kerry's response to seeing this photo was, "Oh yes, that will be in the wedding (Felton's) slide show for sure!"



As I was getting ready to leave, Sydney indicated that she wanted to get inside my car. I asked her, "You want to go with me?" and she nodded. I thought, "Ha! you would scream your head off if I took you away from your mommy." Maybe someday she'll be willing.

3 comments:

TinyRockerGrrl said...

Sydney is so gorgeous, its ridiculous. And I *love* the last photo of Felton. What a doll!!

samantha said...

Those kiddies sure are cuties! Felton is such a little warrior :)

Kerry Burleigh said...

LOVE that you still think of me as a "girl"! And your description of the event is so accurate and funny! I hardly think about the ridiculous situations I find myself in due to the kids these days - thanks for the funny perspective!