Thursday, October 8, 2009

Boots, Spanish and Dragons, OH MY!

Dinner with the Burleighs last night ended with rubber boot modeling, Spanish lessons with Diego and a book about a bad pet dragon. What girl could ask for more?

Just before her bedtime, Miss almost 2-year-old Sydney was adamant about showing off her yellow rain boots. She tripped and stumbled, but she kept those boots on her tiny feet, smile plastered across her face the whole time.





Then the division of bedtime responsibilities arose and to my delight Felton requested that I watch Diego with him. I tried to take photos of him watching without him noticing, but he's too smart for that. He immediately turned toward me and started saying, "CHEESE!" As an aside, I must mention that for a three-year-old, Felton is quite proficient in the Spanish language.



After Diego I read Felton a story about a pet dragon that eats spaghetti in the bathtub. I found that weird. But I always get a kick out of reading Felton his bedtime stories. One word explains it all: IMAGINATION, and I LOVE that.

4 comments:

Kerry Burleigh said...

Thanks for coming over! We loved having you!

TinyRockerGrrl said...

Those are seriously two of the cutest kids EVER! I can almost hear Sydney laughing in the second picture!!

Jane said...

I strongly concur with TinyRockerGrrl!

samantha said...

LOVE those yellow boots!