Thursday, February 25, 2010

Creature comforts


Here I recommend the BEST SLIPPERS EVER. No, they are not cute, but your feet won't care. I'm prematurely on my second pair - due to secret insight I will reveal later in this post - and I can't imagine my life without them. I even have an upstairs pair and a downstairs pair.

LL Bean's Wicked Good clogs are amazing. From the LL Bean web site:

"Here in Maine, "wicked good" is as good as you can get. When you slip into these soft shearling slippers, you'll understand exactly how they earned their name. Unlike similar-looking imitations, our slippers are made from superior sheepskin. Known as one of nature's best insulators, shearling draws away moisture so your feet stay warmer on chilly winter mornings. Best of all, the shearling wraps completely around your foot so you feel nothing but soft, warm fleece against your skin. Cushioned cork-and-latex midsole. Lightweight, textured EVA outsole for indoor/outdoor traction."

The indoor/outdoor reference might become problematic - as it did for me when I found myself picking up take-out in my slippers one night. But really such is no worry - it's not like these slippers sport floppy bunny ears or obnoxiously vibrant colors. They really just look like Birkenstockey clogs.

The main tip I offer is to NOT wear these slippers without socks (barefoot). Although infrequently, I wore my first pair without socks, and the shearling wore down significantly quickly. If one considers the properties related to friction, this shouldn't be a surprise. I was obviously slow on the uptake.

While I knew that LL Bean is the most amazingly forgiving company there is (they'll let you return just about anything); I decided to order another pair before making a judgement on quality. I'm so glad I did.

My second pair, purchased over a year ago, is in perfect shape. Still fluffy on the inside and comfy all-over. Get a pair - you won't be sorry!

1 comment:

Malena said...

I think they're cute! I love slippers and I live in mine. My mom just brought me a new pair when she was here for Christmas, and they'll probably last me a while, but I'll make a mental note about LL Bean.