Thursday, February 4, 2010

Do you care how your squares are dispensed?

I keep seeing television ad spots for The Cottonelle Roll Poll - an online poll seeking to determine the predominant way to place ones toilet paper on the roll. Which is better? Over or under?

Isn't toilet tissue in hotel rooms always placed in the over position? Is there toilet tissue etiquette? Do those little triangle points at the end of the over roll make the tissue fancier?

Even as a self-proclaimed obsessive-compulsive individual, I have never cared about the positioning of my toilet tissue. Does it really matter? If so, please share. I do not understand any meaning behind the debate.

Doesn't anyone remember Elaine Benes begging her ladies' room neighbor, "Can you spare a square?" Do you think she cared if the square came from over or under the roll?

I'm satisfied so long as there is toilet tissue available - preferably tissue that doesn't chafe.

5 comments:

Chapel Heel said...

Over. This should not even be up for debate. The alternative is just illogical but it still persists for some reason.

samantha said...

Either way. I don't really pay attention. As long as it doesn't "lint" or chafe, I'm just happy when there's tissue on the roll.

matt said...

I think it's a sign. We're all close friends (J,S, you and me) and we have no over/under preference. Is that why we're friends? Because we don't care about the direction of our toilet paper? Well, no. That's not why we're friends. But I do love that we all couldn't care less how the tissue we wipe our asses with is dispensed. HA! Love that your thoughts are intense, yet not intensely related to the direction of toilet tissue. Glad Bailey made it home in the snow and that Zoe is keeping the weight on. She looks awesome. Keep your chin up doll.

CBM said...

Over...end of story at our house and yes, it is fancier at the hotels...wink!

Kathy said...

Guess I'm the only coworker that believes that OVER is definitely the only way to go. I hate to get up in the dark only to find that when I roll the paper, nothing dispenses b/c good ol' hubby put it to dispense UNDER. For all insomniacs around the world that find things to do like pee in the middle of the night, please dispense OVER!